Our medical team has experience in general and speciality medicine and remain active all around the island. We handle most calls for medical visits at hotels on a daily basis. Our doctors have multi-speciality experience and our team is multi lingual- English, French, German, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, Russian speaking.
Medic Assistance International is managed by Dr. Siddick Maudarbocus. Trained as a doctor in Dublin, Ireland and worked in various hospital positions in London and as emergency medical doctor for Exxon in central Africa. He is registered with the UK’s General Medical Council and Mauritius medical council and has worked with large organizations in the international health community, including International SOS Assistance in Saudi Arabia. Currently he is in charge of providing 24 hour medical coverage to several hotels (Sun Group Hotels- La Pirogue and sugar Beach hotel) , several Embassies and diplomatic Staff, and several airlines e.g. Emirates, British airways.
Our team has intimate knowledge of the Mauritius healthcare systems, so you’re in good hands with:
- 24/7 medical assistance for accidents and illnesses
- Monitoring of medical condition and progress
- locating the nearest suitable doctor, medical clinic, dentist or allied health professional- we always try to match the best specialist for each case.
- arranging doctor appointments, ambulance and hospital admissions
- obtaining medical reports and hospital records, updates and cost control.
- managing emergency air ambulance evacuations
- providing medical and non-medical escorts and equipment, including portable oxygen, wheelchair assistance,
- making arrangements for the return of mortal remains whether by coffin or cremation.
- facilitating the payment and guarantee of hospital bills.
- overseeing the dispatch of medications or medical supplies
- Keeping you, your customer, family members, employer or travelling companions fully informed of medical progress and other arrangements.
Dr. Siddick Maudarbocus
Medic Assistance International is managed by the well-known Dr. Siddick Maudarbocus. Trained as a doctor in Dublin, Ireland and worked in various hospital positions in London. He is registered with the UK’s General Medical Council m Mauritius medical council and has worked with large organizations in the international health community, including AETNA, CIGNA, VANBREDA and International SOS Assistance.